Hello all! I’ve been away from the blog for a week or so. The Hubz and I went to Visalia, California for some house hunting, some sightseeing in Sequoia National Park (I saw the biggest tree in the world!!), and generally just a nice weekend away. Since then, I’ve been busy wrangling with some bills and cheering on Little Miss as she gets more and more confident with walking and learns new words every day.
But here is a delicious and VERY SIMPLE recipe!
I wanted to cook up some delicious salmon a couple days ago, and with the little one I didn’t want to mess with all the fire at the grill (as fun as that might be). Soooo I found a new way to impart a delicious smoky flavor to my fish. (I suppose this would work with any tasty little fish your heart desires.)
Simple Smoky Salmon
(You only get to see the end of the salmon because my husband nommed a bunch of it before I could take a picture.)
Salmon fillet (or other fish), 1-1.5 pounds
1 tsp Liquid Smoke
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
1) Cover a broiler pan with aluminum foil for super-easy cleanup. (Just in case you don’t know what a broiler pan is, check the drawer under your oven and there’s probably one there. It looks like a cross between a cookie sheet and a giant cheese grater.)
2) Place your salmon, skin side down, on the covered broiler pan.
3) Combine Liquid Smoke, olive oil, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
4) Pour it gracefully over the fish.
5) Allow the fish to marinate in the smoky sauce for half an hour to an hour.
6) Carefully drain the excess oil, because you’re about to broil that bad boy and I assume you don’t want to burn down your place of residence. (Humble thanks to my husband for pointing that out to me!)
7) Adjust your oven rack to the top rack, and place your fish on the broiler pan directly under the broiler.
8) Broil 10 minutes.
9) Guard it from your spouse.
10) When you’ve nommed to your heart’s content, just scoop up that foil and bin it. Put the broiler pan away. Don’t wash it. Seriously. Just go enjoy your healthy life.